Serves : about 4
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 medium tortillas
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil to medium high. Add onions and cook about 2 minutes. Add red bell pepper and cook until soft, about 4 more minutes. Add in jalapenos and cook another minute longer. Add in black beans, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and cumin. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour about half of the black bean mixture into a food processor. Add additional salt to taste and diced tomatoes and pulse until mixture is smooth.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the sauce onto the bottom of a glass 9 x 13 dish. Place about a hefty spoonful of the black beans (not pureed) into each tortilla and roll up. Place tortillas, seam side down, onto the sauce in the pan. Cover the rest of the enchiladas with the sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about 25 – 40 minutes, or until bubbly. Garnish with avocados and jalapeños and enjoy!
Nutritional information per enchilada:
Weight Watchers Points: 8